Centralized monitoring and control system for a filling stations’ chain and oil terminals
A modern full-featured monitoring and control system tailoring all the particularities of the customer’s distributed sites was implemented on a number of sites: filling stations’ chain, oil terminals, oil refinery.
Project description for filling stations
Three generic standardized solutions for securing according to the size of filling station were developed. Key features of every solution solve following tasks:
- Video monitoring of the filling stations’ perimeter and adjacent areas in order to take measures to suppress all possible violations of law and order, to prevent illegal acts;
- Control over vehicles at the entrance/exit zones;
- ATM transaction monitoring in order to determine cases of fraud, facts of illegal usage of fuel cards and provision discounts, also in order to resolve a controversial situation while serving a client
- SecurOS video surveillance system provides a situational monitoring of a whole perimeter, a separate building or site of a filling station, entrance/exit zones, dispenser units;
- SecurOS Auto license plate recognition system at the entrance/exit zones is designed for reflecting time that is spent on a customer service, detecting violators that left a filling station without paying for the service – in order to create a “black” list. Obtained data is saved in a unified database and is available for every filling station in a chain;
- Point-of-sale & ATM transaction monitoring system SecurOS POS provides a realization of one of the key targets of any filling station – maintaining a high level of economic security. It provides synchronization a video recording of serving a client with data obtained from cash registers. It helps to identify economic violations – accidental or deliberate acts, including receiving money for goods without their proper registration, machinations with fuel, credit or discount cards, changing the content of a cashier’s check, check cancellation, etc.
Project description for oil terminals
A unified security system for oil terminals is designed in order to prevent any unauthorized intrusion to the territory and cases of petrol, oil and lubricants theft. The system provides:
- Video monitoring of the oil terminal’s territory, perimeter, zones for loading oil products and tanks 24/7;
- Registration of entering and leaving vehicles, license plate recognition at the checkpoints;
- Monitoring of staff performance;
- Fire security control.
- SecurOS video surveillance system provides a situational monitoring of an oil terminal’s territory, its perimeter and also control over a staff performance;
- SecurOS Auto license plate recognition system at the checkpoints is designed for vehicles registration in order to accommodate them and prevent illegal entering/leaving the oil terminal’s territory;
- SecurOS integration with the “Orion” PACS and “Orion” Security and Fire Alarm Systems. The information about PACS and Security & Fire Alarm systems events is transferred to the operators’ workstations, also followed by defying alarm monitors, and is displayed at an interactive map of a site. Meanwhile video recording is done.
Oil refinery’s security system
- SecurOS video surveillance system provides a 24/7 monitoring and control over an oil refinery’s territory in order to create a quick response to alarms;
- Control over entering/leaving vehicles: license plate recognition, train carriage and cargo recognition in order to accommodate them and prevent illegal entering the oil refinery’s territory.
The oil refinery’s system is always expanded and upgraded.
Oil terminals’ economic security
In order to prevent illegal entering the oil refinery’s territory and cases of petrol, oil and lubricants theft, a license plate recognition system operates at all the checkpoints. An integration with the corporate automated accounting system “Petronics” was also realized.
“Petronics” allows to control the whole inventory cycle of petroleum products – from loading them into fuel tankers to offloading petroleum products to customers. Lists of permanent and one-time passes for vehicles to enter a determinate oil refinery are created in the system. If the license plate of an entering car is not found in the list, the system registers an illegal entering and creates an alarm; this alarm is transferred to a security official.
A unified monitoring and control center
Monitoring and control center provides a wide range of tools to provide an effective work of operators and security officials, statistical data collection and prepare reports for the customer’s administration and management.
Operators of the SecurOS Monitoring and Control Center control a technological process of vehicles moving along the oil terminal’s territory: from entering to leaving. Interactive maps are displayed on video walls so operators can track fuel tankers routes.
Moreover, operators of the Monitoring and Control Center have an access to the archive video from any filling station. Information about vehicles that left a filling station without paying for a service is transferred to the “black” list. All Lukoil filling stations receive all “black” list database updates. If a vehicle-violator comes to any filling station of the chain, station’s security service will take a swift action.
Management accounting and controlling
Within the framework of the project, ISS has designed a specialized visualization tool for data on the condition of a local filling station or oil terminal security system’s hardware. The tool provides:
- Continuous data collection of cameras and servers working capacity, presence or absence of an online access to every design and other technical faults;
- Control over performance by contractors that serve equipment;
- Displaying flexible customizable reports in a convenient for Lukoil’s administrative officials and management form (textual report, tables and diagrams for a certain period).
- Situational monitoring and control over every filling station and oil terminal with an opportunity of a rapid response to the accidents that pose an infrastructure security, equipment and physical persons threat;
- Range of effective tools that allow you to minimize industry’s costs and risks such as theft of petroleum products and machinations when serving a client at a filling station;
- Centralized work with video data that are got from all video devices and security services of a distributed chain of filling stations and oil terminals;
- Creating reports and range of statistics.