SecurOS FaceX updates and new features to work with iSCSI repositories in SecurOS 10.10
SecurOS MCC Direct Connect support for the SecurOS FaceX module, support for the fail-safe multipath connections to DSS, and also SecurOS Auto update in the SecurOS 10.10 release.
SecurOS 10.10 Main News
New opportunities and improvements:
- Added SecurOS MCC Direct Connect support. Now Monitoring Center operators can work with FaceX servers located in Remote Systems. This feature is particularly useful for Safe city hardware-software complex Monitoring and Control center operators as well as for the enforcement agencies members.
- Improved face spoofing detection algorithm. Now several different face liveness features are analyzed in conjunction to detect potential spoofing. Increased accuracy of face spoofing detection algorithm.
- The size of the biometric template has been decreased 2 times using an optimized CPU instruction set. This makes it possible to increase the rate of comparison of biometric templates and to reduce memory consumption. The result from the use of this innovation is especially noticeable when working with large and super-large systems, whose face database contains tens of thousands of records that need to be processed as quickly as possible. The optimized instructions are supported by the majority of x86 processors released after 2012.
- Added automatic face rotation feature which is applied when importing rotated photos into watchlists, so this greatly facilitates the staff performance.
Starting with the SecurOS 10.10 release, the FaceX server is installed by a separate installer.
iSCSI — fail-safe at the DSS connection level
Significantly extended iSCI storage connection capabilities. In particular, added support for multipath connections of block storage devices, so it provides reservation of the connection channels to the server, and support has been added for storages with multiple LUNs (Logical Unit Number) and volumes on one IQN*.
New features improve performance and fault-tolerance due to redundancy of network connections as well as flexible use of different architecture storage.
The new functionality is only available when using Windows Server operating systems.
* iSCSI qualified name is a unique identifier assigned to each server (iSCSI Target) and client (iSCSI Initiator) component
SecurOS Auto 10.10 News
- Starting with the 10.10 release, the Auto database can be divided into sections. If there are more than five million records in the database, this feature makes it possible to speed up the work with the database many times over.
- SecurOS Auto now supports the definition of the vehicle category (A, B, C, D) simultaneously with the definition of the vehicle’s make, model, and color.
- The license plate number search has been optimized. The operator now can set simple human-readable queries for searches.
- Expanded the list of templates and improved the quality of license plate recognition for Saudi Arabia, Abu Dhabi, and the USA.
More detailed information about this and other releases is available in SecurOS 10.10 Release Notes on the ISS website.